To inspire people to choose a healthier, greener, more peaceful lifestyle.
The SVS aims to:
- Promote a vegan lifestyle for the health of people, animals, and the environment
- Provide accurate information about the ethical, environmental, and health impacts associated with animal-based foods
- Provide support to those interested in, considering, or practicing vegetarian and vegan lifestyles, regardless of their motivations
- Encourage restaurants, medical facilities and establishments in the Sacramento Metropolitan area to offer more vegan options.
- Promote the planting of gardens to provide fresh produce to children and adults in the Sacramento region.