Loaded Potato Foodie Bar Potluck, Demo, and Book Signing
Sunday, February 12, 2017
At the California Guild Hall
There are three Guild buildings on the property. Come in the rear entrance of the single-story white “house” with a vegetable garden in front.
Start off the week of Valentine’s Day with Registered Dietitian Timaree Hagenburger, “The Nutrition Professor,” and “Love the Food that Loves You Back”!
Join SVS and Timaree, brainchild behind the “Foodie Bar” concept, for round two—we had so much fun at the July potluck, we’re doing it again!
If you caught Timaree’s SacTown VegFest talks this year and last, you know how accessible and entertaining her informative presentations can be. If you didn’t, now’s your chance!
What’s a Foodie Bar? Foodie Bar Potlucks are the BEST!
• Everyone chooses one or more tasty items from our online sign-up list* of plant-based foods to bring to this fun, interactive event. If you have a copy of “The Foodie Bar Way,” you can choose one of the listed recipes from the book.
• We’ll set out all of the topping options, then bring out the baked potatoes and
• Each of us will get busy loading a potato just the way we like it!
• Enjoy a feast with lip-smacking options for everyone!
Dessert-related cooking demonstration: Timaree will wow us with a quick, easy, healthful, delicious sweet treat.
Book Signing: Timaree will be honored to sign copies of her book “The Foodie Bar Way” (a great addition to your kitchen, and a perfect gift idea for Valentine’s Day)! It is such a fun way to support those who mean the most to you by helping them Love The Food That Loves Them Back, too!
Foodie Bar Potluck:
• Just one (vegan/plant-based) ingredient for the Foodie Bar!
• Your plate, bowl, cup, eating and serving utensils;
• A list of your ingredient(s).
Any questions? Drop us a line right here or at email@example.com.
Parking: Free, off-street, and lots of it. Just one block from the T Street bike path.
Everyone is welcome. Bring your friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, etc.!
*Here are the full instructions for signup.com:
1. Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/E2oz68
2. Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3. Sign up! It’s Easy—you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your e-mail address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your e-mail address, please contact us so we can sign you up manually.
Don’t forget to
The Sacramento Vegetarian Society (SVS) was founded in 1986.
SVS is a volunteer-driven charitable organization governed by an elected board of directors. We are dedicated to bringing you information about vegetarian and vegan activities.
To inspire people to choose a healthier, greener, more peaceful lifestyle.
The SVS aims to:
- Promote a vegan lifestyle for the health of people, animals, and the environment
- Provide accurate information about the ethical, environmental, and health impacts associated with animal-based foods
- Provide support to those interested in, considering, or practicing vegetarian and vegan lifestyles, regardless of their motivations
- Encourage restaurants, medical facilities and establishments in the Sacramento Metropolitan area to offer more vegan options.
- Promote the planting of gardens to provide fresh produce to children and adults in the Sacramento region.
We strive to inform and support the vegetarian and vegan community through our meetings, social events, outreach programs, and this website.
We invite you to attend our events. Our members are happy to answer any questions you have about the organization. Please contact us with any questions or comments.
Join the SacVeggie Meetup group: To receive notices about meetings & events, please join our Meetup group. Go to the SVS Meetup Page and click on “Join.”
Mail: PO Box 163583, Sacramento, CA 95816
Phone: Call Glenn Destatte at (916) 455-0563