Join SVS at Sacramento Earth Day!
Sunday, April 19, 11-4p.m.
The Sacramento celebration of the 46th annual Earth Day will be filled with diverse business, non-profit, cultural and government vendors with practical information, goods and services for saving money, living healthier, and protecting the environment. Thanks to SVS, all food sold at Earth Day is 100% Vegan!
Visit the event web page for more information about the event.
Don’t forget to
The Sacramento Vegetarian Society (SVS) was founded in 1986.
SVS is a volunteer-driven charitable organization governed by an elected board of directors. We are dedicated to bringing you information about vegetarian and vegan activities.
To inspire people to choose a healthier, greener, more peaceful lifestyle.
The SVS aims to:
- Promote a vegan lifestyle for the health of people, animals, and the environment
- Provide accurate information about the ethical, environmental, and health impacts associated with animal-based foods
- Provide support to those interested in, considering, or practicing vegetarian and vegan lifestyles, regardless of their motivations
- Encourage restaurants, medical facilities and establishments in the Sacramento Metropolitan area to offer more vegan options.
- Promote the planting of gardens to provide fresh produce to children and adults in the Sacramento region.
We strive to inform and support the vegetarian and vegan community through our meetings, social events, outreach programs, and this website.
We invite you to attend our events. Our members are happy to answer any questions you have about the organization. Please contact us with any questions or comments.
Join the SacVeggie Meetup and Discussion groups:
Notices: To receive notices about meetings & events, please join our Meetup group. Go to the SVS Meetup Page and click on “Join.”
Discussion: To participate in discussion about vegetarian and vegan issues, join our yahoo group. Send a blank email to
When you get the confirmation message, just reply to it…and your subscription will be complete. You can post anything veggie-related on the yahoo group.
Mail: PO Box 163583, Sacramento, CA 95816
Phone: Call Glenn Destatte at (916) 455-0563